Wild mushroom curry leads to one death, and 13 ill in Baglung, Nepal
BAGLUNG: A child has died while six members of the same family were taken ill after consuming wild mushroom curry. Rishi Kunwar, the son of Jamuna Kunwar in ward no. 1 of Mangala rural municipality died in course of treatment at Manipal hospital.
The mushroom collected from the nearby jungle was used to make curry, which was consumed by all the members of the family. Rishi was a grade 5 student at the local Rastriya Janajagriti Secondary school.
Rishi’s sister Tara and younger brother Om Prakash are undergoing treatment at the same hospital, according to the school’s headteacher Tek Ramjali. Other members of the family underwent treatment at the local health centre and are said to be out of danger.
Meanwhile, seven people were taken ill after consuming curry made of wild mushroom in ward no. 2 of Dhorpatan municipality in Baglung district.
Sujata Thapa,24, her five-year-old son Ayusha of ward no. 2 in the municipality, Lekh Bahadur Thapa,35, his 24-year-old wife Prem Kumari Pun, five-year-old son Sandip and 14-year-old Sahis Pun of ward no. 3 in Badigad rural municipality, and Manikala Mahat,58, of ward no. 2 of Dhorpatan municipality fell sick after consuming the mushroom curry.
All the seven were found unconscious after consuming the mushroom curry and were rescued and rushed to the Burtibang primary health centre, according to chief of Area Police Office, Burtibang, Om Prakash Yadav. Following primary treatment they were recommended to Palpa for further treatment, Dr Krishna Shrestha at the centre said.
Published Date: Saturday, July 13th, 2019 | 09:40 PM