Veena Malik uncut: Bollywood star’s most explosive interview ever as she speaks about love, sex scandals, fashion and beauty
(Mirror): Veena Malik uncut: Bollywood star’s most explosive interview ever as she speaks about love, sex scandals, fashion and beauty
Veena made headlines across the world late last year when saucy pictures of her appeared in the Indian online edition of the men’s magazine. She denied posing naked for the shoot, insisting that she wore underwear throughout.
She was also styled with an Inter-Services Intelligence tattoo (representing the Pakistan Government’s intelligence agency) on her arm for the shoot, with the tagline “hand in the end of the world too?”
In our interview Veena also reveals what she REALLY thinks about the shoot and also tells fans about her latest movies and TV plans and talks about launching a singing career.
Veena Malik: 12 things you need to know about Pakistani model caught up in FHM India ‘nude pose’ storm
Here are twelve things you need to know about the former ex-girlfriend of disgraced cricketer Mohammad Asif who was jailed last month for his role in the Pakistan match-fixing scandal .
1) Veena was born in Rawalpindi, a city in the Pothohar region of Pakistan near the capital city of Islamabad, to an Army soldier and his wife. She is believed to have been born in 1978.
2) Before becoming an actress, Veena worked as a comedian for several television shows and series. She made her acting debut alongside Shaan and Zara Sheikh in Askari’s Tere Pyar Mein in 2000.
3) Veena was a basketball player throughout school and college.
4) She is reported to have graduated with a BA degree in Sociology, Psychology and Persian.
5) In 2007, she appeared on the red carpet for the Lux Style Awards, being awarded the tag of “most stylish celebrity on the carpet”.
6) After achieving greater fame through a series of ‘Lollywood’ movies – the term used to describe films made in Lahore – she really hit the big time when taking part in the Indian version of Big Brother, Big Boss 4, in 2010.
7) She was evicted two weeks before the finals, and was one of the final six contestants out of the original fourteen who had participated. WWE wrestler The Great Khali was also among the housemates.
8) Her outspoken views have won her many fans from Pakistan’s youth and liberals. Confronted about her “immoral” behaviour by cleric Mufti Abdul Qawi on a talk show, she insisted that Pakistan had far more issues to focus on than her.
9) In February of this year Veena, became part of a Cricket World Cup reality show called Big Toss where she was captain of one of the two teams.
10) She has worked as a representative at the World Health Organization for over two years.
11) According to reports, her favourite Indian cricketer is Sachin Tendulkar – although she is a fan of the Australian game too. “But if there’s a cricketer I deeply admire, it is Brett Lee,” she said.
12) In response to criticism that she thrives on controversies and scandals, Veena is reported to have suggested she has not been praised enough for being caught up in the match-fixing scandal involving Mohammad Asif.
It is claimed she said : “I seriously expected a bravery award after what I have done. My life isn’t secure anymore after these revelations. This is a male-dominated world and they try to cut to size all bold women. In Pakistan, it is a crime to be bold, beautiful and young. And I am all three.”
Published Date: Monday, April 16th, 2012 | 10:43 AM