• ZenTravels-BRTNepal
  • sbgl
  • sahara
  • ace-advertise

Two girls die after consuming wild mushroom curry in Palpa, Nepal

PALPLA: Two girls have died at Sarkidanda of Jhiruwas in Nisdi rural municipality, Palpa, Western Nepal after eating curry made of mushroom collected from forest. The victims are two sisters, nine-year-old Nirmala Singh Thakuri and four-year-old Bishnu Singh Thakuri. The girls died while undergoing treatment at the Purano Medical College in Chitwan.
Chief of Palpa district police, Senior Superintendent Bishwamani Pokharel, said the girls died and eight more people have fallen ill after eating curry made of the wild mushroom.
Those who have fallen ill include 45-year-old Puran Khamcha; his wife Chandri Khamcha, 40; their daughter Nirmala Khamcha, 15; Prem Bahadur Singh Thakuri, 81; Daan Kumari Singh, 30; seven-year-old Suman Singh; Dhan Kumari Singh and Niruta Singh Thakuri. They are members of four separate families and are undergoing treatment at Madhyabindu Hospital in Nawalpur.
They had consumed the wild mushroom curry on Friday evening and were taken ill on Saturday. Police said some of the sick are in serious condition.

Published Date: Saturday, June 8th, 2019 | 09:14 PM

Your Responses

N24 Exclusive

View All

Can Capitalist Democracy Survive? Saturday, September 21st, 2019

Once again, the developed world is feeling the inherent tension between market capitalism and representative democracy. Each institution provides its own mechanisms for..