• ZenTravels-BRTNepal
  • sbgl
  • sahara
  • ace-advertise

Short-circuit-triggered fire guts five shops in Kathmandu

KATHMANDU: Inferno caused by short circuit gutted five shutters at Tokha municipality-4, Samakhusi in the Kathmandu Valley.
The fire spread from a cloth shop at Samakhusichowk on Sunday had destroyed the cloth shop, three food shop and a vegetable grocery.
Deputy Superintendant of Police (DSP) Fanindra Prasain, chief of Metropolitan Police Circle, informed the fire that broke out at 9.00pm was doused at 10.15pm.
“We took the fire under control with joint efforts of Nepal Police, Armed Police, three fire engines and two water tankers”, he said.
He shared the fire has tentatively brushed off physical property of Rs 1.5 million.
One drowns to death while swimming
A person died while swimming in a pool of Nature Club at Dhapasi. An unidentified person aged around 28 drowned to death at 5.00pm on Sunday.
DSP Prasain shared the man who fainted in course of swimming died on the way to Tribhuvan University Teaching Hospital at Maharajgunj.

Published Date: Sunday, June 16th, 2019 | 11:16 PM

Your Responses

N24 Exclusive

View All

Inspiring Trip with my tough BOSS!! Sunday, January 19th, 2020

It was unnerving winter days in initial days of career. Been in hospitality sector, a jumbo team was fortified with the sold human capital base of Engineers, Architects,..

Putin’s Meaningless Coup Saturday, January 18th, 2020

What Could Spoil 2020? Friday, January 17th, 2020

Is Trump’s Iran Strategy Working? Thursday, January 16th, 2020