• ZenTravels-BRTNepal
  • sbgl
  • sahara
  • ace-advertise

Short-circuit-triggered fire guts five shops in Kathmandu

KATHMANDU: Inferno caused by short circuit gutted five shutters at Tokha municipality-4, Samakhusi in the Kathmandu Valley.
The fire spread from a cloth shop at Samakhusichowk on Sunday had destroyed the cloth shop, three food shop and a vegetable grocery.
Deputy Superintendant of Police (DSP) Fanindra Prasain, chief of Metropolitan Police Circle, informed the fire that broke out at 9.00pm was doused at 10.15pm.
“We took the fire under control with joint efforts of Nepal Police, Armed Police, three fire engines and two water tankers”, he said.
He shared the fire has tentatively brushed off physical property of Rs 1.5 million.
One drowns to death while swimming
A person died while swimming in a pool of Nature Club at Dhapasi. An unidentified person aged around 28 drowned to death at 5.00pm on Sunday.
DSP Prasain shared the man who fainted in course of swimming died on the way to Tribhuvan University Teaching Hospital at Maharajgunj.

Published Date: Sunday, June 16th, 2019 | 11:16 PM

Your Responses

N24 Exclusive

View All

How a Democratic Counteroffensive Can Win Thursday, January 23rd, 2020

We’re living at a transformational moment in history. The survival of open societies is endangered, and we face an even greater crisis: climate change, which threatens..

The War on Talent Thursday, January 23rd, 2020

Restoring Fiscal Order in the United States Wednesday, January 22nd, 2020

Who Pays for the Green Deal? Tuesday, January 21st, 2020

Trump’s Backward March on Trade Monday, January 20th, 2020