• ZenTravels-BRTNepal
  • sbgl
  • sahara
  • ace-advertise

Mother and son die, two taken ill from food poisoning

MYAGDI: A woman and her son have died and two others have been taken ill from food poisoning in Chiswang of Mangala – 5 here in Myagdi.

The father, mother and son were visiting the in-laws’ house in Chiswang when they fell unconscious after consuming Dhido – made of corn or millet flour with potato and eggplant.

The condition of father and mother – in – law is reported to be critical. The four were rushed to the Primary Health Centre in Darbang and then taken to Beni Hospital.

Twenty – year – old Cheena Gurung of Patlekharka of Raghuganga – 8 died in course of treatment at the Beni Hospital, said Inspector Diwakar Ghimire of District Police Office, Myagdi.

Cheena’s husband, Prem Gurung, 14 – year – old son and mother – in – law were then referred to Pokhara. Gurung’s son died in course of treatment on Friday night at the Western Regional Hospital, Pokhara.

“The condition of son – in – law and mother – in – law is critical, their treatment is continuing,” Ghimire added. The couple had married two years ago and arrived at in – laws’ residence some days ago. The police have sent the Dhido and the vegetables to the central laboratory for test. RSS

Published Date: Saturday, June 3rd, 2017 | 10:20 PM

Your Responses

N24 Exclusive

View All

Viral Inequality Sunday, March 29th, 2020

Not everyone experiences pandemics in the same way. A tiny sliver of the world’s population has access to high-quality health care should they succumb to infection...

Our Finest Hour Saturday, March 28th, 2020

G20 MEETON COVID 19 IN VACUUM Friday, March 27th, 2020

Foreseeable Unforeseeables Friday, March 27th, 2020