• ZenTravels-BRTNepal
  • sbgl
  • sahara
  • ace-advertise

Death toll from toxic mushroom reaches 5

CHITWAN: The number of people dying after consuming poisonous mushroom in Kabilas village here has reached five. All the deceased are from the same family.

The latest victim to consumption of wild mushroom is 13-year-old Arjun Chepang. He died last night while undergoing treatment at the ICU in Bharatpur Hospital. Four members of the same family who consumed curry made out of wild mushroom had died until Monday.

The head of the family, 35-year-old Buddhi Bahadur Chepang, who was undergoing treatment at the same hospital after falling sick following consumption of the mushroom curry died on Monday morning. His wife and two sons had died on Sunday.

The five members of the Chepang family had eaten curry made of wild mushroom on June 13. They were taken to hospital the next day after falling sick.

The Chepang family is in great distress after losing its five members. They are survived by only Buddhi’s old parents and two infants. RSS

Published Date: Monday, June 18th, 2012 | 10:46 PM

Your Responses