• ZenTravels-BRTNepal
  • sbgl
  • sahara
  • ace-advertise

COVID-19 suspected should not come in Ktm for confirmation

KATHMANDU: The Ministry of Health and Population has stated that the people suspected of carrying the COVID-19 virus need not come to Kathmandu for further test.
According to Ministry Spokesperson Dr Bikas Devkota, the concerned hospitals have been directed to keep the suspected one in isolation ward and send his/her swab for test to Teku for the confirmation. A total of 610 persons have been tested so far for COVID-19, of which two were tested positive. Among them, one returned home after recovery while another is undergoing treatment at Shukraraj Tropical Hospital, Teku.
Dr Devkota also said that 16 suspected are in hospital and of them five are in isolation ward and 11 in quarantine. He further shared that the sample lab test would be soon managed from Bir Hospital, BPKHIS in Dharan and Dhulikhel Hospital.
The 19-year girl who recently returned from France and tested positive for COVID-19 positive is under treatment while her family members and persons who came in contact with her are in quarantine, Devkota said.
Meanwhile, 5,231 persons have received information about COVID-19 after calling in the Ministry’s call Centre so far.
Dr Khem Karki, advisor to Health Minister Bhanubhakta Dhakal, shared that the process to send personal protection equipment (PPE) to different hospitals had begun with high priority.

Published Date: Tuesday, March 24th, 2020 | 09:26 AM

Your Responses

N24 Exclusive

View All

The Real Economic Fallout of COVID-19 Wednesday, April 8th, 2020

We currently face a tradeoff between social triage and economic collapse. That is because much economic activity involves physical interactions among people, including..