NANA officially registered in the NY state
NEWYORK/n24: Nepalese American Nurses Association (NANA) has been formally registered in the State of New York under section 402of the Not-for-Profit Corporation law.
At a time when nursing profession is growing by leap and bounds within Nepal and more so in the developed worlds, an umbrella organization brining together the professionals and their service networks under one roof seems to be a logical and well-thought-of idea. Under the leadership of Ms. Sunita Bhandari, an Ad hoc committee of NANA, a Not-for-Profit organization has been formed through a press release in New York.
As a national umbrella professional association for Nepalese origin registered nurses and nursing students in America NANA’s primary goal is to unite all Nepalese nurses and nursing students of Nepalese origin and heritage as a professional body under one umbrella at national level. The organization will be the official voice for Nepalese nurses in America and around the world for professional nursing issues and problems.
NANA aims to support its members through following activities:
- Promote activities to unify Nepalese nurse and nursing students in USA and Nepal;
- Provide training and education to the nurses and community members by planning and implementing programs that benefits Nepalese American Community for health related awareness;
- Share professional experience that includes interstate licensing across the United States, credential evaluation process and career information;
- Create a bridge for nursing organizations to other professional organizations to develop mutual understanding, cooperation and to meet common goal of these professional organizations;
- Encourage Nepalese Nurses to participate in local community activities and to become productive members in their communities;
- Make charitable contributions to help professional community, the people of Nepal and around the world during natural disaster and humanitarian emergencies.
The currently formed Ad hoc Committee of NANA under the leadership of Sunita Bhandari (RN, CPN, BSN) includes following members, Puspa Kafle, RN (NY),Avina K.C.,RN(LA),Bharat Nepal RN,BSN (AZ),Ishwor Dhakal, RN (NE), Sabina Shrestha, RN (VA),Yamuna Pokhrel, RN (NY) ,Mira Poudel, RN,BSN (UT),Sushma Thapa RN,BSN (IL),Hari Banjara RN,BSN (TX),Rita Shrestha, RN (NY),Kamala G.C. ,RN (CA),Dipti Subba, RN (MA),Bimala Devkota, RN(IN),Asha Sah, RN(NY),Shova Pandey, RN (SD),Gita Sharma, RN (MD),Brinda Baral, RN (PA). The Ad hoc Committee will organize the first general convention to form the elected body of NANA.
Published Date: Friday, June 29th, 2012 | 03:29 AM