5 Brilliant Beauty Tips Rihanna Has Bestowed Upon Us, in Honor of Her 30th Birthday
Today marks Rihanna‘s 30th birthday, and with this milestone comes the many ways we can celebrate: listening to “Diamonds” on repeat, slipping on a pair of Fenty x Puma slides, or … twerking. But instead, we’re focusing on achieving the most perfect face beat possible, using a few of the tips we’ve learned from Rih since the launch of Fenty Beauty.
1. Monochromatic makeup is always a good ideaFrom the moment she launched her makeup line, Rihanna not only matched the shades on her eyes, lips and cheeks, she matched her makeup to her outfits as well. Our favorite use of the technique? The lavender look she sported at the Fenty Beauty launch at Harrods, which included pale purple eye shadow, highlighter and lipstick to match her dress.
2. There should never be fewer than 40 foundation shadesRihanna has proved many points when it comes to fashion and beauty (a bra is a sufficient top, your hair can be any color you desire, etc.), but one of the most important is the fact that there should be a foundation shade for every skin tone — a point she proved with by launching an initial collection of 40 full-coverage shades ranging from fair to deep.
3. Your highlight can be yellow — or purpleBored with all the regular highlighters shades on the market? Opt for a gold tone instead, thanks to her cult-favorite Killawatt highlighter, or try the purple version.
4. There is such a thing as one-size-fits-all makeupKeeping on the trend of makeup that works for literally everyone, Rihanna launched Fenty Beauty with just one lip shade, a pale pink glittery gloss (which she loves to apply by swiping it on top of a tube of lipstick first). Just as promised, it looks good on all skin tones — so she tried the trick again with a just-right-for-everyone matte red liquid lipstick.
5. Literally anything goesThe most important of all of Riri’s beauty rules: there aren’t any beauty rules. Whether you stick with a sheer gloss or rocking green lipstick is more your speed, do as Rihanna does and just do you.
(This story has not been edited by N24 staff and is People.com auto-generated from a RSS feed.)
Published Date: Wednesday, February 21st, 2018 | 01:45 AM