• ZenTravels-BRTNepal
  • sbgl
  • sahara
  • ace-advertise

12 from same family taken ill due to poisonous mushroom in Sarlahi

Source: Google Maps

SARLAHI: A total of 12 members from the same family were taken ill after eating poisonous mushroom curry at Ishworpur-11 in Sarlahi district on Sunday night.
All family members of Brij Kumar Majhi were grew sick, said Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Pratit Singh Rathor. DSP Rathor shared that the sick persons were Majhi’s wife Raj Kumari Majhi,55 and their 32-year-old son Paltu Majhi, 28-year-old daughter-in-law Sabita Majhi, six-year-old granddaughter Rinku Majhi and four-year-old grandson Abinash Majhi.
Similarly, fallen ill were 31-year-old son Biltu Majhi, his wife 27-year-old Anju Dev Majhi, their 10-year-old son Amit Majhi, five-year-old and three-year-old daughter Priyanka Majhi and Menuka Majhi.
The family had brought the wild mushroom from the nearest forest. The head of the family Brij Kumar is receiving treatment at the local healthcare facility while the rest 11 were sent to Janakpur for further treatment, according to the police.
Since the family was learned to have impoverished situation, they were sent to the Hospitals in aid of the ward office and police, said DSP Rathore.

Published Date: Monday, September 30th, 2019 | 10:25 AM

Your Responses

N24 Exclusive

View All

Will Trump Be Removed from Office? Sunday, October 20th, 2019

For the first time, reasonable people in the United States have begun to speculate that President Donald Trump could be convicted by the Senate and thus removed from..

Trump’s Perfidious America Saturday, October 19th, 2019

Time to Bite the Bullet in Syria Friday, October 18th, 2019

How China Loses Friends and Alienates People Thursday, October 17th, 2019

India’s Modi Slowdown Wednesday, October 16th, 2019